New Zealand Certificate in Food and Beverage Service
Restaurant Service Strand - Level 4
Get ahead fast with our Level 4 qualification in Hospitality!
This programme expands on the Level 3 Certificate and will provide you with the advanced skills you will need to work effectively and efficiently in a range of outlets such as cafes, restaurants and bars.
On completion of this qualification you may choose to complete further study in hospitality at an advanced level, or pursue job opportunities at an intermediate level in hospitality.
Learn advanced food service skills for the restaurant environment, find out how to set up a hospitality event and get your Licence Controller Qualification.
This programme will give you an edge in your job search, showing future employers that you can apply your skills in a variety of hospitality environments.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have the minimum requirements of the NZMA placement assessment, if without formal qualifications.
- If you do not meet these requirements, but are over 20 years of age, you may still be enrolled if the motivation and the skills needed to succeed in the programme are shown. Please note that you should be physically able to do the practical components of this programme, in line with health and legal requirements.
- Have an IELTS score of at least 5.5, with no band score lower than 5.0, OR alternative NZQA approved proficiency outcomes for entry at level 4 OR an equivalent score on the NZMA English Language entry assessment if you are from a country where the student visa decline rate less than 20%
Get More Info
- Duty Manager
- Supervisor in a café
- Senior Waiter
- Wine company representative
- Bar Manager
20 weeks including 2 weeks of holiday.
2018 Intake Dates
- 30 Jan
- 16 Jul
This Certificate forms part of the first year of the Diploma in International Hospitality Management (Level 5). The fees for the first year can be found here.
- New Zealand Certificate in Food and Beverage Service (Restaurant Services strand) - Level 4