New Zealand Certificate in Food and Beverage Service
With strands in Café Service, Bar Service and Barista.
This practical course is the perfect introduction to kick-start your hospitality career. You’ll master the fine art of coffee and cocktail making, learn about restaurant service and food safety and pick up a host of other practical hospitality skills.
You’ll come away with a Level 3 certificate and a Certificate of Achievement in Basic Food Safety. Studying
What will I learn?
- Food safety
- Bar and beverage service
- Restaurant service
- Providing positive customer experiences
- Café and barista service
- Transactions and money handling
- Maintaining a responsible drinking environment
What qualifications will I gain?
- New Zealand Certificate in Hospitality (Strands in Café, Bar, Barista and Restaurant) (Level 3)
- NZMA Certificate in Food Safety
- NCEA Level 1
- NCEA Level 2
20 weeks including 2 weeks of holiday.
The New Zealand Government has imposed an international student levy on tuition and course related fees. From 1 January 2019 the levy will be 0.89% of the compulsory tuition fees.
- Tuition fees: NZ$9,000.00
- Course fees: NZ$1,750.00
Get More Info
2019 Intake Dates
- 1 April
- 13 May
- 17 June
- 29 July
- 2 September
- 14 October
- 18 November
- You need to be 18 or older.
- If English is your second language, we may get you to sit an English Language Assessment.
- If you are an international student, you also need to have an English level of 5.0 IELTS or equivalent* with no band score lower than 5.0.