Diploma in Baking and Patisserie
This brand new programme is an exciting opportunity based at an award-winning training provider that will provide students with the chance to learn practical skills alongside some of the best bakers in state-of-the-art premises.
- Learn from the top tutors in the industry
- Graduate with a qualification and the experience that employers are looking for
- Clear pathways into solid career opportunities
The first year of the programme is made up of the New Zealand Certificate in Baking (Generalist) (Level 4). For course content, please see the information outlined here.
The second year of the programme is made up of the New Zealand Diploma in Cookery (Advanced) (Patisserie Strand) (Level 5). For course content, please see the information outlined here.
Employment opportunities include bakery and patisserie work in
- Specialised bakery stores
- Bakery product manufacturers
96 weeks including 16 weeks of holiday.
- Tuition fees: NZ$19,995.00
- Compulsory course costs: NZ$2,100.00
- Tuition fees: NZ$12,850.00
- Compulsory course costs: NZ$1,150.00
- New Zealand Certificate in Baking (Generalist) - Level 4
- New Zealand Diploma in Cookery (Advanced) (Patisserie Strand) - Level 5
Get More Info
2018 Intake Dates
- 22 Jan
- 16 Apr
- 09 Jul
- 01 Oct
- Be at least 17 years old.
- IELTS Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5 (or a recognised equivalent English language test).
- NCEA Level 1 or equivalent, or have industry equivalent.
Given the complexity of work within the Level 5 second year component of this programme, it is vital that students display the necessary characteristics required to complete a programme of study at that level. These characteristics will be measured through the New Zealand Certificate in Baking (Level 4) first year component which will inform student progression into the second year of the programme.