New Zealand Certificate in Baking (Generalist)
Do you have an interest in cakes, pastries and dough?
Baking is one of the oldest professions in the world and demands commitment, a hard-working attitude and a passion for food. By gaining this qualification, you’ll be able to either undertake further study in cookery or patisserie at Diploma level, or pursue employment opportunities in a commercial bakery.
In this course you will learn both the practical knowledge and theory behind working in a commercial bakery including practical skills such as creating speciality breads and doughs, as well as a variety of sweets.
You will also learn about bakery science and quality management, safe food practices and workplace safety, workplace interactions and standard operating procedures in a bakery.
You will complete the following four modules:
- Workplace safety, bakery systems, breads and doughs
- Workplace interactions and operations, sponges, cakes and cookies
- Bakery science, quality management and sweets
- Bakery production and pastry
Employment opportunities include bakery and patisserie work in
- Specialised bakery stores
- Bakery product manufacturers
- Be at least 17 years old.
- NCEA Level 1 or equivalent, or have industry equivalent.
- Have an IELTS score of at least 5.5 with no band score lower than 5.0, or an equivalent English language test score if English is your second language.
Get More Info
2018 Intake Dates
- 22 Jan
- 16 Apr
- 09 Jul
- 01 Oct
50 weeks including 10 weeks of holiday.
Please chat with us for more details about how the practical classes taking place at Bakels will impact your class and work schedule.
- Tuition fees: NZ$19,995
- Compulsory course costs: NZ$2,100
New Zealand Certificate in Baking (Generalist) – Level 4