Pre-Intermediate ESOL Training Scheme
The purpose of the Pre-Intermediate ESOL Training Scheme is to expand on previous basic knowledge to allow you to function with some independence in daily situations. You will gain the ability to deal with certain unforeseen scenarios in conversation.
- Focus on all four language skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing)
- Learn to hold conversations on familiar topics
- Understand simple texts on a range of topics
- Produce writing with a simple structure.
- There are no academic requirements for this Level 1 training scheme
- Students 17 years old and above may enroll to study for any period from 4 -48 weeks, and start any Monday of any week of the year (except if the Monday is a public holiday).
NSIA is a NZQA Category 1 provider which entitles students who study ESOL with us for 14 weeks or longer work rights for up to 20 hours per week.
All level of ESOL are NZQA accredited and approved.
20 hours per week
Successful students may apply these skills directly in real-life situations to live in the wider English speaking community or go on to develop these skills further in the next level.
- Tuition fees: NZ$380.00 per week
- Compulsory course costs: NZ$380.00 one-off