Diploma in Culinary Arts
Do you dream of becoming a top chef? Read on!
The Diploma in Culinary Arts (Level 5) programme will provide you with advanced culinary skills and management skills with knowledge to an applied level in a range of advanced culinary disciplines, including cold larder and hot kitchen work, food and beverage management, human resource management, team leadership, menu and kitchen design.
You will gain practical experience in advanced culinary techniques, operational and human resource management, nutrition, kitchen operations, design and production systems, food costing, menu design, regional cuisines and culinary products.
Get More Info
The first year of the programme is made up of the New Zealand Certificate in Cookery (Level 4). For course content, please see the information outlined here.
The second year of the programme is made up of the New Zealand Diploma in Cookery (Advanced) (Level 5).
For course content, please see the information outlined here.
102 weeks including 22 weeks of holiday.
- Tuition fees: NZ$19,995.00
- Compulsory course costs: NZ$2,100.00
- Tuition fees: NZ$12,850.00
- Compulsory course costs: NZ$1,150.00
- New Zealand Certificate in Cookery - Level 4
- New Zealand Diploma in Cookery (Advanced) - Level 5
- City & Guilds Diploma in Food Preparation & Cookery (Culinary Arts) 8065-02*
*Students who successfully complete the two year Diploma in Culinary Arts (Level 5) programme will be offered the opportunity to be assessed for the City and Guilds Diploma in Food Preparation and Cookery (Culinary Arts) 8065-02 at no additional cost.
- Cafe Head Chef
- Medical Facility First Cook
- Industrial Catering Sous Chef
- Hotel Sous Chef
- Catering and Events Junior Sous Chef
- Restaurant Sous Chef
- Rest home First Cook
2018 Intake Dates
- 7 May
- 9 Jul
- 6 Aug
- 1 Oct
- 15 Oct
- Candidates must be 17 years or older.
- Candidates must have:
- New Zealand Certificate in Cookery or Baking (Level 4), or equivalent; or
- Three years' relevant and current industry experience. IELTS score of at least 5.5 (with no band lower than 5.0), or an NZQA-approved equivalent (for international students who speak English as a second language).
- An interview may be required.