Diploma in Culinary Arts
Do you dream of becoming a top chef? Read on!
The Diploma in Culinary Arts (Level 5) programme will provide you with advanced culinary skills and management skills with knowledge to an applied level in a range of advanced culinary disciplines, including cold larder and hot kitchen work, food and beverage management, human resource management, team leadership, menu and kitchen design.
You will gain practical experience in advanced culinary techniques, operational and human resource management, nutrition, kitchen operations, design and production systems, food costing, menu design, regional cuisines and culinary products.
Get More Info
The first year of the programme is made up of the New Zealand Certificate in Cookery (Level 4). For course content, please see the information outlined here.
The second year of the programme is made up of the New Zealand Diploma in Cookery (Advanced) (Level 5).
For course content, please see the information outlined here.
102 weeks including 22 weeks of holiday.
- Tuition fees: NZ$19,995.00
- Compulsory course costs: NZ$2,100.00
- Tuition fees: NZ$12,850.00
- Compulsory course costs: NZ$1,150.00
- New Zealand Certificate in Cookery - Level 4
- New Zealand Diploma in Cookery (Advanced) - Level 5
- City & Guilds Diploma in Food Preparation & Cookery (Culinary Arts) 8065-02*
*Students who successfully complete the two year Diploma in Culinary Arts (Level 5) programme will be offered the opportunity to be assessed for the City and Guilds Diploma in Food Preparation and Cookery (Culinary Arts) 8065-02 at no additional cost.
- Cafe Head Chef
- Medical Facility First Cook
- Industrial Catering Sous Chef
- Hotel Sous Chef
- Catering and Events Junior Sous Chef
- Restaurant Sous Chef
- Rest home First Cook
2018 Intake Dates
- 22 Jan
- 16 Apr
- 09 Jul
- 01 Oct
- Be at least 17 years old.
- Show evidence of Academic IELTS 5.5 with no band score lower than 5.0 or a recognised equivalent.
Given the complexity of work within the Level 5 second year component of the Diploma in Culinary Arts programme, it is vital that students display the necessary characteristics required to complete a programme of study at that level.
These characteristics will be measured through the New Zealand Certificate of Cookery (Level 4), first year component, which will inform student progression into the second year of the programme.