New Zealand Diploma in Cookery (Advanced) (Patisserie Strand)
Advance your cookery skills with the New Zealand Diploma in Cookery (Advanced) (Patisserie Strand).
This programme is a nationally recognised qualification designed to prepare you for work within the patisserie or baking sectors in supervisory roles.
This course will allow you to develop advanced patisserie and management skills with knowledge in a range of advanced patisserie disciplines including yeast goods, gateaux, tortes, hot and cold dessert work, food and beverage management, human resource management, team leadership, menu and kitchen design.
You will cover the following four modules:
- Kitchen Management
- Products and Production Systems
- Kitchen Design
- Menu Development
The exact start date will be confirmed later in 2017.
48 weeks including 8 weeks of holiday.
Please contact our Course Advisor for an indication on course costs. This programme will not be offered until January 2018.
New Zealand Diploma in Cookery (Advanced)(Patisserie Strand) - Level 5
Get More Info
Employment opportunities include bakery and patisserie work in
- Specialised bakery stores
- Bakery product manufacturers
- Be at least 17 years old.
- Have an overall IELTS 5.5 with no band score lower than 5.0 (with an academic endorsement) or a recognised equivalent if English is your second language.
- Have NCEA (48 Level 2 Credits including eight of which are in a language rich subject) or a
- New Zealand Certificate in Cookery or Bakery (Level 4) or
- Have three years relevant and current industry experience (the tasks undertaken require evidence of competence in cookery, maths and English).
Key Information For Students
New Zealand Diploma in Cookery (Advanced) (Level 5)
Tuition Fees - Total Qualification
National Graduate outcomes
(3 years after completion)
Note: all KIS information is the most recent available relating to domestic students only.