Student Services & Administration
The Student Services and Administration support team at NSIA is here to assist you with any questions you may have including:
- Student Support is available on issues involving cultural adaptation, learning and communication difficulties, education guidance as well as internal and external appeal/complaints procedures. Student Services officers will provide advice on welfare facilities, including personal health services, mental health services, drug education, counselling and problem gambling. They will also provide advice on accessing information regarding sexual education and general health. Student counselling is available on request regarding homesickness, physical, mental, moral or emotional support. Information and advice on relevant New Zealand laws including harassment is also available.
- Academic Support is available to all NSIA diploma students and will focus on academic writing techniques, research skills as well as Hospitality and Cookery English.
- Administration support will assist you with enquires regarding your enrolment details, student records, academic progress, certificates and study schedule arrangements.
- Student loan and allowance: New Zealand citizens and eligible permanent residents are able to apply for student loans and allowances to study at NSIA. Assistance with applications to StudyLink is available through the NSIA Domestic Recruitment Team.
NSIA is a signatory to the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students and has robust guidance and support systems in place to ensure that students are supported to achieve their expected programme outcomes.
We recognise the special needs of international students, for many of whom, it would be their first “away from home experience”. As a student of NSIA you can be assured that you will find support from sympathetic people who will understand your needs. Our students are important and we value their knowledge, abilities and past experiences. NSIA has an excellent range of student support networks to help you achieve the most from your studies.
- NSIA online visa application system is available to you for lodging the student visa application to Immigration New Zealand online. NSIA serves as a student online partner of Immigration New Zealand. In general, the online visa application process will be faster than the manual application. The application fee is $190.
Further information, please email: email@example.com
- NZ Immigration Service: www.immigration.govt.nz
- Eligibility for Health Services: www.moh.govt.nz
- Accident Insurance: www.acc.co.nz
- New Zealand Ministry of Education: www.minedu.govt.nz
- New Zealand Qualification Authority: www.nzqa.govt.nz
- Hospitality Standards Institute: www.hsi.co.nz
- Restaurant Association: www.restaurantnz.co.nz
- New Zealand Police: www.police.govt.nz
- Tenancy Services: www.tenancy.govt.nz
24 hours school emergency contact number: +64 21 900 706 and +64 27 228 5581